Here are 5 tips to help with acne prevention and treatment and skin maintenance. They are listed in no particular order of importance.
1. Get plenty of fresh air and sunshine for vitamin D, ingredients for healthy skin. Not only will your skin appreciate the vitamin D, your body and mind will enjoy the oxygen and stress reducer of a daily jaunt outdoors. But don’t overdo it and get a sunburn! Remember to use sun protection / tanning lotions if you’ll be out long. You don’t want to get caught up in that cycle of burned, dead skin cells blocking pores, resulting in acne scenario.
2. Remember, even “good” stress can trigger internal chemical responses that result in acne, too. So plan ahead to deal with extra stress when planning a wedding, graduation, a move, a new job, a job transfer, a new baby, etc. Journal a little extra, focusing on the upcoming issue or issues and plan in some extra rest (use relaxation or meditation tools – cassettes, workshops, etc.) Get help around the house, take time off, exercise (yoga and T’ai Chi are highly recommended), have fun or whatever you need to do.
3. Drink an adequate amount of water daily. Many recommend three to four tall glasses and mineral or filtered water. Too little water can lead to dehydration, which can lead to dead skin cells not naturally falling off or sloughing properly; the end result can be blocked pores, acne.
4. Acne has nothing to do with dirt. Period. So don’t over-wash or over-scrub your face or the rest of your body. Keep in mind that too much can result in dry skin. And dry skin means your body will jump in and create more oil. Then what? Extra oil + extra dead skin cells = blocked pores, triggering acne flare-ups. Same old story.
5. – Add more fruits, veggies, seeds and nuts to your regular diet. (Note that deficiencies if selenium and zinc, found in Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds, have been associated with acne.) So add salads, dried fruit and nut snacks, juices and other healthy treats to your daily planning.
5 Simple Acne Cure Tips You Can Do At Home – For more information on Acne Cures and Treatments Visit – http://jumblebox.co.uk/acne-no-more